Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Winter Tights Solution: Assets vs. Spanx

Photo Source: Her Room.com

If you are like me, you love wearing tights in the winter, but finding the perfect pair at the right price can be a bit cumbersome.  I have gone through many brands that I didn't love: J. Crew and Banana Republic tights, while fashionable, are always too thin and lack support (and unless they are purchased with a coupon, can be a bit on the pricey side too).  And while I love Wolford tights (who doesn't!) I just can't bring myself to drop $50 on a piece of clothing that will be destroyed by the slightest snag. I have always loved Spanx too (specifically, Spanx Tight End Tights), and I thought there was nothing out there that really compared.  But at more than $30 per pair, again, I just couldn't see investing that kind of money in something that I couldn't count on to last forever. (**Update -- I was able to score several pairs of Spanx Tight End Tights at Filene's Basement today for $16/pair...at that price, I say stock up while you can!)

But then, a couple of winters ago, I was perusing the tights aisle at Target and I stumbled upon Assets by Sarah Blakely.  Admittedly, Assets is the lower-end line of Spanx, but at about half the price of Spanx, I think your dollar goes a bit further with Assets.  Tights only last so long, no matter how well you take care of them and avoid sharp objects.  Assets tights are just the right price point and quality that they last through wearings and washings, while keeping their shape and keeping you warm.  But at around $15 per pair, your heart doesn't fall out of your chest at the sign of a snag.

The Assets Terrific Tights are my absolute favorites.  Like normal tights, however, the solid tights last longer than those with texture or a pattern (like those pictured above).  I don't think any of my textured or patterned tights survived the winter, but at least they survived through several wearings.  Here are some of my faves:

1) Terrific Textured Tuxedo Stripe Tights (pictured above) - $16 - Buy Them Here

2) Solid Terrific Tights - $14 - My absolute faves!!! They last forever, hold you in, and come in a range of sizes.  For a super-secret tip, size up one size for added opacity and comfort. Buy Them Here



3) Pucker Terrific Textured Tights - For a bit of vertical texture to lengthen your legs - $18 - Buy Them Here




No comments:

Post a Comment