Thursday, November 11, 2010

J. Crew Hot Messes: Crystal Bloom Necklace and Feather Duster Necklace

Crystal bloom necklace

Every season there are items that J. Crew puts in its line up that just make you wonder what the heck their designers were thinking.  This season, I would like to nominate the J. Crew Crystal Bloom Necklace.  It frankly looks like an arts and crafts class gone horribly wrong. The necklace might have been saved if they hadn't added the chiffon petals to the crystal flowers.  And the funniest part about it is that J. Crew touts it as a "designer favorite"!!!

While we are at it, I just have to nominate the Feather Duster Necklace as well:


Feather duster necklace

I think the name speaks for itself....it isn't as though I woke up today and said, "hmmmmmmm...I would like to wear a feather duster around my neck!!" Unless your significant other has some sort of french maid fetish, I think this is another piece I'll skip.

A piece I like?  The Apogee Necklace:
Apogee necklace

Simple, architectural beauty defined -- and it would pretty much go with anything. It would dress up a day outfit, or make an evening outfit elegant.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment