Tuesday, November 2, 2010

To Keep or Note to Keep: That is the Question - Kate Spade Sally Boots

Photo Source: Kate Spade.com

I ordered these boots a couple of weeks ago when Kate Spade had their 20% off Friends and Family coupon.  They came, they fit, and they look the best of any boots that I own.  I have calves on the wider side, so finding actual boots that fit can be really difficult. Believe me, I was thrilled that these fit around my calves! So why am I fretting about whether or not to keep them?  Well, for one the sole is really, really, thin...and walking in the, I feel as though I could feel the ground...and one sharp pebble just might penetrate through to my foot.  But on the other hand, these boots aren't meant to be rugged, they are meant to by stylish . . .

Which got me thinking about another one of my work colleagues...she will wear wellies, or some other expendable boot to work, and upon arriving, dutifully changes into her "stylish" boots, the soles of which won't grace the outdoors.  Call me crazy, but if I spend this much on boots, they sure as hell better go anywhere and everywhere...and look great doing it.  I'm not sure if these boots are up to the challenge, though.  Stylish, yes . . . expendable, no.

Which brings me back to the boots.  I try to live by the rule that you should only keep it if you love it, and if you love it, keep it.  Do these boots fill a hole in my closet?  Yes.  Do I "kind of" need them? Yes. But I think my misgivings about them might be that wearing them takes me a bit out of my comfort zone.  Because of the wide calf issue, I have never been one that consciously reaches for the knee-high boots without painstakingly planning my outfit, only to abandon the boots at the last minute in favor of some other go-to shoe. I admire the girls sashaying down the street that look like so carefree in their glamorous boots.  Will I keep these and become a card-carrying member of the club?  The jury's still out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment