Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reality TV Gone Too Far: BridalPlasty

 


Photosource: Starcasm.com

I was flipping through my People magazine last night, and I came across this ad for a new E! reality show called "BridalPlasty". I was first horrified by the ad itself, showing a picture of a perfect bride with a bouquet of syringes and medical instruments.  Next, I was even more horrified by the tagline in the ad which reads, "The only competition where the winner gets cut."  I was, frankly, shocked and appalled that society has progressed to the point where it will accept and encourage plastic surgery a norm for bridal beauty perfection. 

Apparently, according to the The Huffington Post:
On each episode, a group of brides-to-be will compete in wedding-themed challenges like writing vows and planning honeymoons to be awarded different cosmetic surgeries. The week’s winner gets her procedure done and the results are shown at the beginning of the following week’s episode.
I mean, seriously?  I can't believe this is real!  I won't be watching, but I hope that we can all encourage any future brides we know that they are beautiful just the way they are...plastic surgery not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment