Monday, January 9, 2012

What's Up With J. Crew? Santa's Elves called and they want their clothes back...

Photo Source: J.Crew Catalog, page 005

I have to admit...I'm not really sure what is up with J. Crew. J.Crew absolutely used to be my go to for basics and cute but chic workwear. And then something happened last spring, and hemlines rose so high, the skirts barely covered my bum, and the clothes just got so out there, I never would have pictured myself wearing anything. Then, after losing a whole bunch of money, I was reading that beginning with the Fall of 2011, J. Crew was going back to its roots.  Well, if this is J. Crew's roots, maybe they should aim somewhere else. I am starting to see the preppiness J. Crew was so known for, but the color combos and prints are just off so far. 

As far as the picture above, I can't even tell you how much I wish they used the navy striped sweater instead of the red one...the red and green just seems too Christmas-y, and the tight green jeans scream "Santa's Elf."  Even the weird t-straps on her flats scream "overly fussy" rather than the laid-back chic J. Crew was once known for.

I guess some of us are still waiting for the old J. Crew to come back...in the meantime, I'm happy to save the money I used to spend on J. Crew clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment