Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Perfectly Imperfect. Teeth (and Vanessa Paradis)


Virtually my whole life, I had huge gaps in my teeth.  In college, and a drunken friend jokingly exclaimed, "You know what I love about you? Every tooth in your mouth is its own entity!"  It was never really something that bothered me, and I owned it.  It was a trademark.  Then, after some dental issues, and my upcoming wedding, I was persuaded to fix "the problem."  A problem that I never really thought was "a problem."  Anyway, after two years of invisalign, my teeth are now nearly perfect, and people who knew me before compliment me on how great my teeth look.  But wouldn't you know, just as I get my teeth fixed, the gapped tooth thing comes back into style.  And perfectly imperfect has become the order of the day.  But in my mind, we are all perfectly imperfect....even when we fix our so-called imperfections.

1 comment:

  1. Other than Vanessa Paradi, one of the most influential people who have gap teeth is Madonna. Her radical sense of style has helped shape the world of fashion into what it is today: an edgy world where standing out and being admired are most important. Some people think she did it on purpose, but it’s actually natural.

    Eddie Storms

    ReplyDelete